Tips for Fixing a Noisy Garage Door
- First, check the tracks – are they in good shape?
- Second, check the steel rollers – are they worn out with flat spots. Changing worn out rollers and replacing them with new silent guide nylon rollers could help with the noise.
- A few applications of Penetrating Lube to the inside of the new rollers will ensure extended life and keep everything nice and quiet.
- Penetrating Lube and Ultra Gel with Teflon can also be applied to springs, cables, hinges, locks and chains.
- Never apply lubricants to roller tracks – that’s what causes the buildup that causes the roller “flat spots”.